Thursday, August 12, 1999

My First Possession

I arose this morning to find this journal at my feet! My first new possession!  I thought it was from Isaiah, but my first belonging is a gift from Mervin. He wasn’t around when I found it. I am sure it is because my boat has not been found and he asked me what I missed most. I told him my log with all my memories and experiences.

Naturally, I cannot replace the previous days entries, but how exciting to start anew! It started feeling like my birthday when Isaiah said it was Jah’s day (Sunday) and I could have to the day to rest!

I am grateful for my “job”, but I am tired!  I welcomed the day off and decided to spend it at the beach writing in my new diary.

I decided to not plan what I would write or style or date or any plans whatsoever. Without thought, I started to write about my dolphin experience. I wrote with the beginning of the day, of how it all happened with all the details and daily facts. I think I wanted to make sense of it. I cannot believe it all happened. 

I feel different. Its hard to explain. Being that scared, feeling like I was so close to death makes this world look and feel different. I don’t feel afraid like I used to (I am not fearless, yet). I also feel newness. I feel like I am looking at things for the first time.

I love my new journal! I am going to continue to write.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment