Tuesday, June 22, 1999

Collecting Water Part deux

Today we continued with our water collection by creating a reservoir. We dug, well, ok, Eddie dug a hole. What can I say, he is stronger than me. He dug on the part of the beach where the sand ends and it becomes dirt. It is a circular hole in which we placed a waterproof tarp that is held down on top by rocks.

This project took us all day. I sewed a bellydance costume with shells I found on the beach while he dug the hole. We always have something to talk about and we talked the entire time we worked together side by side. I shared with him how happy I was to be living my dream. As always, he was happy for me, but told me that he would not be doing this for an entire year, as I wanted to.

It was a pleasure to be together so intimately and he found our adventures memorable, but he simply couldn’t give up a whole year. He has so many projects that he began months ago and I should be prepared for one of them to get the green light and take him back to NYC or Japan.

I don’t think I really took him seriously because I wasn’t hurt. It was like a pleasurable conversation over a glass of wine at an outdoor cafĂ©. I asked him what he missed most about NYC, what project he was most excited about, what he disliked most about our island adventure. We chatted all day long.

He was filthy after we finished making the reservoir. I had made real progress with my shell costume. We took our daily sunset swim and laughed and giggled as if we did just have a glass of wine.

I didn’t like what he was saying today at all. But I don’t believe its true. I think he needs a little more time here on Rogue’s Bay and perhaps some genuine fun. We have been working so hard. I thought some surfing would do the trick, so I did what surfers have done the world over: I prayed for surf.

No comments:

Post a Comment