Friday, June 11, 1999

Thoreau


Nature is mythical and mystical always, and works with the license and extravagance of genius.                                        -Thoreau

Nothing is more divine than nature. Any building that Man creates, no matter how many years it took to build or how elaborate it is can compare with the view out of its window. The human population is growing expeditiously and most of the world’s residents live in a concrete environment. Nature has become sectioned off, as an attraction of sorts – a place to visit, not home. Humans have become so far removed from the source, the elements we need for survival as a species.  How separate and disconnected most people have become from nature.  Without living amongst water, forest and wildlife, it is no wonder that people have the ability to destroy the planet in the way they have been doing.  They no longer feel the bond, so how could they be aware of the importance?

The devastation to the planet is so disturbing to me that I have come here to find answers of what I should do about it. I do not want to be part of the problem; I want to be part of the solution. Since I am without proper answers of how to save the planet or stop others from doing so, I have removed myself from urban life. This is why I am living so close to the very things that sustain our lives, without any walls dividing nature and me.

I NEED to be alone in nature. I need to go further into nature and have solitude from human interaction.  I need to live more ecological, in complete harmony with nature.  I need a foundation of truth that only comes from when you face nature with just your heart and hands. I want to test myself and find out what I am made of. I need to just do and to be. I need in the simplest of circumstances – just nature and me. I believe I will get these answers to these questions that are so urgent in my heart. I am prepared for that journey. This is a journey into my soul. 

No comments:

Post a Comment