Tuesday, September 21, 1999

Validate Me!

I returned to Brewer’s Bay yesterday in the afternoon. I saw Mervin as soon as my hitched ride dropped me off. He was on cloud nine. Recently he fell in love with a girl that was visiting the campsite from the States.  He just received a letter from her that made it clear she felt the same about him.

After my break up, the last thing I wanted to hear was an entire 5 hand-written page love letter aloud.  He was so high that he didn’t notice that I had been crying. And hard. But since Mervin has taken such good care of me, there was no way I could not indulge him. I had to bite my tongue not to be cynical when he said all the things they wanted to do together, including that they were going to travel together.  

After an hour of hearing of romance, I wasn’t in the mood to be a buzz kill, but I ended up telling Mervin everything that had happened. He felt so badly for me and was optimistic that my relationship with Eddie would work out in a way only a person newly in love would talk. He said he would help me and that he would go to the passport office to validate me.

No comments:

Post a Comment