Thursday, July 22, 1999

Magic Mushrooms

Today greeted us with the most amazing rainbow that extended from the mountain to the sea. It was an omen for the beauty to come. We decided to handle the news we received yesterday by taking magic mushrooms. We picked our own magic mushrooms the other day and created the perfect setting to eat them: the purity of Rogue’s Bay. Its almost cartoonish that out of cows, such sweet animals, poop, grows mushrooms that enlighten your awareness.  I said a beautiful incantation to guide us on our journey. I prayed for ourselves, that we learn and grow and are open to understand. I prayed for others, that we learn to give ourselves compassionately and generously to them; to God, that we grow closer to the indwelling and magnificent force. I prayed to Mother Gaia, that we learn to respect her fully and our role in healing the damage and restoring her back to her full glory. And for I prayed for surf. I added that there was no determining order to this prayer and that all of our knowledge, growth and awareness be retained in our bodies to be used daily. 

We ate the mushrooms and walked to the other side of the bay.  The effects began quickly on our empty stomachs and the waves began to the roll through our bodies before we reached the other side. Eddie and my diet has been exactly the same for a month, precisely. There are many sensations that have accompanied our pure diet and I have enjoyed having a partner to share absolutely everything! We spent our entry into our trip meditating together.

I had another connection to Jack Karouac and Yoko Ono and John Lennon. I felt the good vibes the couple created when they were together. Their love created something greater than just each other’s radiance. I understood and realized the power this energy gave off. I longed for this love in my life and feel like I have found it in Eddie. I want to create an energy that is beautiful and capable of altering minds.

I went into the ocean and swam for probably 5 hours, laughing. The colors of Rogue’s Bay was astonishingly vibrant. I felt such joy and felt like I was on fire. I felt like my laughter was the sun’s love and energy bursting out and coming through me. I rolled in the sand until I could feel the earth all over me.

I realized the greatest euphoria we can feel as people is to reach the next realm, while still in this realm. Religiously, drugs, spirituality, sex, art, science, love, people try any device to feel that elation. Sometimes people feel this euphoria just by connecting to themselves fully or their ‘indwelling God”. This is the first step to visiting the next realm.

I began to realize just how much humans had missed the point. Which is the best way to describe what we’ve done, though at this moment, I didn’t feel human. Eddie reminded me of the truth; that I am human and that it wasn’t a negative thing that I was. My soul chose to come here, in this form. Even with this heart-to-heart talk, I continued with my thoughts of how silly humans are, as if I weren’t one of them. I thought of so many ways that humans missed the reason we are here, since I knew the life I found here on Rogue’s Bay was exactly the point; living in harmony in the beauty of nature.

We amused ourselves with the concept of animals having dating services: Yellow-billed, webbed-footed mallard who loves to fly and eat fish, seeking younger mallard for fun without commitment. We laughed about the TV show, “Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous”.  It seems so ridiculous for people to watch as they sit on their couches from home, others traveling the world, doing interesting things and really enjoying their lives. It seems to really miss the point, which is the thought I was consumed with. When did people become so separated from nature? When did we leave beautiful beaches and live as slaves to things? When did we miss the point?

Many spiritual calendars, such as the Mayan’s believe that human beings are coming to an end. The Mayan calendar ends in 2012 and many people interpret this as the end of spiritual darkness.  The earth is almost irreparably destroyed and there might be a battle to save her – or we might transpire as a species. As painful and confused as I am about this, I am also excited and grateful to be living at this time of question and change.

Eddie had disappeared for sometime, while I played my saxaphone. I found him sitting in a cave; looking the most beautiful I had ever seen anybody. His long hair was down, dry after being styled by the salt water into perfect curls. He looked so at home in that cave, as if millions of years had gone by and remained pure and wise as the ancient rocks that surrounded him. We made love until he wiped me out.

No comments:

Post a Comment